This is NOT a research paper, please write in your own words. Submissions will be evaluated using plagiarism detection software.
Write 3 paragraphs explaining what cultural relativists AND divine command theorists would say about the following event.
Describe the events depicted in the video.
How would followers of each theory reach a judgment?
Justify your responses by explaining and applying both moral theories.
Pregnant Teen Dies: http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/18/world/americas/dominican-republic-abortion/index.html
1. Exit polls were conducted in Alabama and Mississippi during the 2012 republican primaries. In Alabama, 67% of those polled said that interracial marriage should be allowed while 21% said it should be illegal. 12% were not sure. In Mississippi, 52% said it should be legal, 29% said it should be illegal, and 17% were not sure.
According to cultural relativism, what is the ethical status of interracial marriage in Alabama and in Mississippi? According to the divine command theory?
What do you suppose these folks think of interracial marriage? What would each moral theory say about their views of interracial marriage?
2. In South Korea, octopus is quite popular and many people eat them while they are still alive. Others who don’t like eating a whole octopus in a few big bites have a live octopus brought to the table, have its eight arms cut off and placed over rice, pasta, or salad. According to cultural relativism, what is the ethical status eating live octopus in South Korea? According to the divine command theory?
What would these theories say if we were to eat octopus like this here?
3. Some people do not believe in going to the doctor. For religious reasons, they believe that healing should be left entirely in God’s hands. In Oregon, a baby girl died while her parents refused to seek professional medical treatment.Her parents are members of a church that believe in prayer and the use of oils to treat medical issues.
The baby was a newborn, and during her life and death, over 50 people from her family and parents’ church were there.
According to cultural relativism, what is the ethical status of parents refusing to treat their child’s ailment with medical care? According to the divine command theory?
4. In Bangladesh, many children are married without their consent.Parents will have their daughters, some only 12-years-old, married to an older boy or man. Most brides in the country are 15 or 16, and over 20% of girls are married before they turn 15. In many cases, families pay a girls’ parents a dowry. The younger the girl, the higher the price parents can receive. Arranged marriages of children were legal until the 1990s in Bangladesh but it is still a common practice. The country requires girls tobe 18 or older and boys to be 21 or older. But there is a law from 2017 that allows exceptions to this rule with couples involving “special cases,” and special cases have not been legally defined.
According to cultural relativism, what is the ethical status of children being married? According to the divine command theory?
5. The United States has people pay different rates on federal income taxes based on their earnings. In 2017, President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that lowered taxes for top earners and corporations. Under the new tax plan, most people received tax cuts.
The top 1% of earners received an average increase of 8.5% of their after-tax income. The bottom 95% received an average increase of 1.2%. According to public polling, the majority of Americans do not support the tax plan.
Only 36% approve while 49% disapprove. About 60% of people claim that they are bothered by wealthy people and companies not paying their fair share in taxes. According to another poll, 70% of responders believe that people earning $10 million or more should have their taxes increased, while 24% oppose such a raise.
According to cultural relativism, what’s the ethical value of the 2017 tax cuts? According to the divine command theory?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more