The essay should explain what that field of engineering is about and what engineers engaged in that field do. Also, consider addressing as many of the following questions as you can:
• how that field benefits society
• what the job market looks like in that field
• what salaries are being offered for engineers in that field (check the Bureau of Labor Statistics website)
• which ABET-accredited institutions in TX offer a bachelor’s degree in this engineering field? (Note: ABET stands for Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology)
• Which institutions in TX offer a master’s degree and/or a Ph.D. in your engineering field?
• State which public, ABET-accredited, 4‐year institution in TX you would attend to get a bachelor’s degree in your engineering field.
• How many students graduated with degrees in Engineering from 2000‐2010 (by year if possible) either in Texas or in the U. S. What percentage of those engineering students found jobs upon graduation in their field?
• What was the average starting salary (by year) for those students? If data not available, find some statistics about the starting salary of engineers in TX by year from 2000‐2010.
• Which professional society does your engineering field belong to? What is the website for that professional society? Can you join as a student? What are the benefits? Is there a chapter in Houston or at the university of your choice? Note that for some engineering fields, there might only be a DIVISION within the professional society.
Suggested references: www.bls.gov, (Links to an external site.) www.collegeboard.org, professional society websites like www.asme.org, (Links to an external site.) university website like www.tamu.edu, (Links to an external site.) some of the databases from the HCCS library, local chapters of professional societies (call them up or send email), ABET website: www.abet.org, (Links to an external site.)
1. For the institutions, you need to search www.abet.org to find those universities offering an accredited BS degree. (You can determine how many of those schools offer an MS and/or Ph.D. by going to the individual school website. Most schools choose not to have their MS and Ph.D. programs accredited.)
2. To find graduation statistics at universities, look for something along the lines of Institutional Research or Annual Reports or ABET reports. You can also look at the College of Engineering (at the university you picked) website or even call the College of Engineering or the Department (of chosen engineering degree) and ask them. Google “Engineering Graduation Statistics ‘Name ofUniversity’”
3. To find salary statistics for beginning engineers search the university website in the Career Placement Center area.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more